I’m Head of Digital at Student Cribs. This role is focused on leading product development of in-house software, planning / managing digital marketing campaigns and digital strategy for business as whole.
– Content Marketing
– Blogging (Former Guardian Student contributor)
– Paid Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter)
– PPC Advertising (Adwords & Bing Ads)
– Web Analytics (Google Analytics, Mixpanel)
– WordPress Web Development
– Product Management
– Remote Team Management
Student Cribs – Head of Digital
July 2017 – Present
Leading product development of in-house software, planning / managing digital marketing campaigns and digital strategy for business as whole.
Student Cribs – Head Of Sales & Marketing
July 2016 – July 2017 – 1 Year
In conjunction to managing all aspects mentioned in my previous role I also managed the sales process through my second student letting season.
Key achievements include:
- Mapped entire customer journey from enquiry to tenant – figuring out process inefficiency throughout and correcting either with new processes or improving old ones
- Product managed and implemented bespoke CRM software and viewing booking platform from scratch.
- Researched and implemented an eTenancy platform that was more efficient and cost effective than previous platform in use.
- Implemented marketing automation emails for key customer events within the customer journey improving our enquiry to viewing conversion rates.
- Sourced, interviewed, hired and managed temp sales staff.
- Managed existing sales team during peak season to ensure inboudn and outbound calls were managed.
- Had the most successful let season to date with over 1,200 rooms secured at rents exceeding investor targets.
- Cultivated relationships with letting agents and university housing offices in operating cities.
- Led re-brand project identifying physical and digital assets that needed to be replaced.
- Planned, executed and analysed customer service surveys for full tenant life-cycle.
Student Cribs – Digital Marketing Manager
July 2015 – July 2016 – 1 Year
Marketing manager for a national property portfolio catering for students who desire exceptional student housing.
- Increasing social traffic to website by using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram advertisements.
- Utilization of web analytics to measure campaigns
- Planning, execution and evaluation of Facebook, Twitter and Adwords campaigns
- Optimization of website for search, leading to an increase in organic search traffic of 19,000 sessions.
- Implementation of new features within website to optimize conversion rate
- Design of print and merchandise material within Photoshop and InDesign
- Schedule organisation and assisted with interior and architectural photography
- Sourcing, management and development of intern.
- Planning and execution of content marketing campaigns
- Planning and monitoring of marketing budget
1UC – Digital Marketing Assistant
Jan 2015 – July 2015 – 7 Months
Freelance marketing role which I undertook alongside the final year of my degree focusing on a B2B consultancy for unified communications.
- Re-Branded company, built website, planned and executed digital marketing strategy. Focused upon content marketing, I produced content which I then deployed through mailchimp and social media marketing.
- Website I created: http://www.1uc.co.uk/
- Example blog post:http://www.1uc.co.uk/e-learning-and-uc-collaboration-a-match-made-in-heaven/
- Was awarded the University of Brighton student employee of the year award for commercial awareness within this role.
House Of Hud – Marketing Assistant
June 2013 – June 2014 – 1 Year
My first ever marketing role! It formed the work placement part of my degree. It allowed me my first glimpse into marketing and inspired me along this career path.
- I used Google Analytics and am confident to interpret data within it
Oversaw a campaign within Adwords regarding ‘The Pearl Tent’ side of the company
- Actively managed social media channels and posted content that was well received & interacted with by our on-line community (Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest)
- Worked alongside a web designer during the overhaul and rebrand of ‘The Arabian Tent’ side of the businesses website (Learning the importance and application of SEO)
- Over the course of the year I became fairly adept within WordPress development and developed my copy-writing skills tremendously.
I also used Photoshop a lot within this position and created a coffee table book that is to be printed and distributed for venue affiliation purposes.
For my dissertation I analysed and evaluated their digital marketing strategy. This was graded as a first and is used as example of work for current placement students.
October 2017 – Jumpstart JS Code Bootcamp
2015 – 2016 Squared Online (Google Accredited Digital Leader Course)
Module 1: A Connected World
Module 2: Think Disruptive
Module 3: Think Like a Brand
Module 4: Think Optimised
Module 5: The Ongoing Revolution
2011 – 2015 Business Management with Marketing (BsC) – University of Brighton – First Class Honours
Innovations in E-Business & Mobile Commerce – 80%
Digital Marketing – 82%
Electronic Commerce – 74%
Managing and Developing People – 78%
Entrepreneurship: New Business Planning – 72%
Placement Project – 73%
Business Strategy – 64%